Hello everyone,
Today I am posting to you on behalf of a project that I have decided to take part in. I have been praying for some time for something that I could do to "give back" to Guatemala. A family friend and her husband are going to Guatemala to serve for a couple of years at New Life Childrens Home in Villa Nueva. This is an excellent Christian facility that houses boys and girls from ages 9 mo to 24 years. The children are not available for adoption, but have been relinquished, abandoned or taken out of their homes for various reasons. You can look at their website at www.nlch.nlai.org I was overwhelmed when I read that one in eight girls that start 1st grade will only finish to 6th grade. The illiteracy rate in Guatemala is about 50%. I cringe to think that our little Hudson could have been among the percentage that would have never made it to school or never learned to read or write. So, I am heading up a book drive to send with our family friend to Guatemala in May. Here is the invitation and link if you want to donate a book!
You are invited to an Usborne Books eShow to explore the world of Usborne Books. A child's interest in reading and learning is stimulated by the lavish illustrations and informative content. There are over 1300 bright, colorful and fun titles covering activities, puzzles and a wide range of subjects for children of all ages.Usborne Books - the books kids love to read!Hosted by: Place: www.ubah.com/HOS109081When: Today thru 3/15/2008 11:59:00 PMChat Scheduled: - Everyone is welcome, so invite a friend.
Saturday, March 1, 2008
Books for Guatemala
Posted by MandyB at 12:53 PM

